Monday 15 July 2013

grid, square, stitches

I was quite obsessed with cross stitching when I was about 8 or 9. My mom would buy me those kits that come with patterns and I remember spending my school holidays just stitching away.

It wasn't until two years ago when I started to miss it again. I started to draw my own patterns and just stitched this and that in my free time. It is quite similar to drawing weaving drafts (except I get to use more colours!) and it reminds me of all things pixelated and 8-bit (which I'm also obsessed about). Seeing how a small number of stitches can create an image is pretty fun. Here's a little piece I made a while ago...just thought cross stitch version of toy cameras would look pretty cute :)



1 comment:

Rose said...

I love these and was looking exactly for examples of cameras with smaller designs! Thank you for sharing :)